The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Last RoundUp

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-own-a-chunk-and-boy-is-it-now-ever-expensive-33099951.aspx

Subject:  Re: anyone weirded out by shop? Date:  6/19/2018  3:39 PM
Author:  NajdorfSicilian Number:  2708 of 3782

I own a chunk, and boy is it now ever expensive. Smack dab in the middle of my 2nd tier of holdings with the JPMs and BABAs of the world due to gains.

I think the main question, maybe the only question, is that 'Is Shopify a win-win-win solution going forward?'

It seems obvious it's a win for e-tailers and manufacturers [more sales, ease of use, access to customers, new solutions!], the question revolves around does SHOP offer good products at good prices with fast shipping; or is volume dominated by dropshippers and furbie/spinners and the lack of true 'value-add' to the customer eventually kills the valuation.

Amazon is the winner it is because of that true Win-Win-Win effect creating the flywheel everyone loves so much who owns the stock. Consumers get that combo of better prices/better service/fast shipping/more selection/instant downloads.

Of course, NFLX is a win-win for customers and trades at 234x PE so it's hard to look at these from purely a quant standpoint *if* you want to participate in them. I took my profits a month ago and missed out on another 25% gain, so....I dunno. If/when NFLX stops being a win-win-win scenario as others move their content away and rising comp from DIS/AMZN/other bundles you'd think the valuation will drop significantly so they need to expand as fast as possible.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us