The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Value Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-kind-of-data-are-you-looking-for-morningstar-33118778.aspx

Subject:  Re: Data Date:  7/11/2018  10:44 AM
Author:  TMFSandman Number:  3807 of 3816

What kind of data are you looking for?

Morningstar and Gurufocus have good stock data pages for all the various metrics I look at. Valueline is also okay here. A lot of libraries seem to carry Valueline so you might be able to get access for free.

Valueline, Valuentum, and Morningstar are all good for getting a synopsis of a company and one professional analyst's opinion on the stock's valuation estimate. Valuentum and Morningstar have their valuation methodology all pretty much laid out in their writeups so you can see if you agree with those inputs or not. Valueline is more opaque. These are often great starting off points for basic stock research.

For in-depth stock research I read the company 10-K's, 10-Q's and conference calls.

I read over Wall Street Journal and Barron's every day for basic market and business news. The Wall Street Journal has a market data page with all the key stuff on there: major market indices, yield spread, major currency pairs

Forums I like are Corner of Berkshire and Fairfax and the Fool boards.

Mike
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us