The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Last RoundUp

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ps-i-was-reading-a-book-on-paul-simon-singer-33136536.aspx

Subject:  Re: fb call Date:  7/31/2018  12:23 PM
Author:  GreenMartianX Number:  2870 of 3782

p.s.

I was reading a book on Paul Simon (singer) and the was a section in their about the protesters against his Graceland album including South African music and helping South African musicians. The book at least suggested he went to VERY great pains to honor everybody involved but there was still a group of people who implied he was a racist. Goodness knows what people like this would do to him today...cultural appropriation and all that stuff. It is easy to see how FB is in the center of this - if you have users, you will have other users who get upset at those users, and then those users will get offended at this user and that user, and on and on it goes, an endless line of offended people getting upset and all that. I'm offended by the suggestion that a Facebook ad would make me vote for one person over another, but I tend to believe that most of my fellow human beings aren't complete and total idiots. Mostly, but not entirely! :-)

as to whether it hurts the business, we'll see - you don't to get making 30 billion in cash flow and not taking your shots...it is interesting how nobody seems to impugn Microsft's biz anymore. I do appreciate your perspective, and agree it is an important issue to consider.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us