The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Alternative Medicine

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-understanding-of-medical-marijuana-is-that-the-33139970.aspx

Subject:  Re: Medical marijuana Date:  8/3/2018  5:32 PM
Author:  sheila727 Number:  4482 of 4508

My understanding of medical marijuana is that the THC has been bred out (or significantly reduced) & the medical component emphasized.

I know that there's an incredible variety of variants in the medical marijuana category. There are modifications of all sorts for a variety of purposes. Different growers have their own variants. I had always assumed that some include THC, some more, some less.

The way to be sure of not getting the THC is to get one of the cannibidiol products. That's from hemp, which is like a THC-free marijuana, is a perennial plant, and grows with little need for care. It leaves a radically smaller ecological footprint than marijuana does, as it is a very demanding plant--of attention and resources.

Even with cannidibiol, there's so much variety in terms of manufacturers, variety of products with a given company, etc. My one experience has been with a few of the products by CV Sciences. The brand is Plus CBD Oil. My husband takes the veggie caps. I've tried them. And I use the high-dose salve for my arthritic thumb. The veggie caps have also revolutionized the life of the husband of a friend of mine--freed him from disabling arthritic and nerve pain, and anxiety.

=sheila
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us