The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jim-quot-to-create-a-bit-of-current-yield-from-33145386.aspx

Subject:  Re: Iron Condor (revisited) Date:  8/10/2018  3:50 AM
Author:  DocEdRicketts Number:  238095 of 259277

Jim,

"* To create a bit of current yield from a portfolio which does not pay dividends?"

That pretty much nails it.

I don't want to be greedy or stupid; don't want to risk on the downside, but at the same time, I don't want to ignore a reasonable strategy that could juice the big relatively large position I have in BH to gain additional income, without a lot of downside risk.

Their track record seems to support the above, and I think I understand what they are doing and the potential downside; I'm just trying to be smart about DD before I do anything.

Bottom line, I trust the people and the firm, given the long run history I've seen, but I am looking for others that have also been down this path, and what their personal experiences have been.

I'm just not interested in "leap of faith" strategies.

And I don't think they are offering any kind of leap of faith in what they do, but I am interested in any others that have considered going down this path.

Just trying to be smart before I make any decisions.

Doc
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us