The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ted-yes-i-have-read-the-small-print-there-are-33146376.aspx

Subject:  Re: Iron Condor (revisited) Date:  8/11/2018  3:27 AM
Author:  DocEdRicketts Number:  238127 of 259277

Ted,

Yes, I have read the small print. There ARE risks, and they have the legal ability to do LOTS of things that are beyond the core strategy. However, they have not done that in the past. And, they flew through 2008-2009 just fine. And the net return numbers are truly net; after all fees. And, I do trust the people involved in this strategy, as I have talked/met all of them, and friends of mine have had relationships with them for years. The human trust factor is a huge thing for me. Almost every investing endeavor I have done that didn't turn out well had a people problem that caused the downfall. Picking good business models is kind of the easy part, in my experience.

Having said all that, the proverbial truck could hit them all, and then all that goes out the window. I understand that risk. That's why I'm seeking others' thoughts, and proceeding slowly.

And, I am also getting more interested in doing a couple of things that Jim/Mungo suggests on my own, which gives me complete control.

Or, punt on the whole idea and not be greedy. It's not like I need the potential extra $ to pay the bills.

And, to add to that, I keep telling myself that it's time to start simplifying. Easy to think about and hard to do!
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us