The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/car-insurance-prices-33150201.aspx

Subject:  Car Insurance Prices... Date:  8/15/2018  10:38 PM
Author:  jeffbrig Number:  11846 of 11893

...are all over the map!

Seriously. Since adding a 4th car to the fleet earlier this year, we just got our first 6-month renewal notice from Allstate. $2860, after all discounts, if paid in full. Yikes! That's higher than I remember paying in the past. We've been with them for probably 5 years at this point.

Well, tonight I spent a few hours hitting the various car insurance companies' web sites, and found a HUGE disparity in pricing structures. The highest I came upon was Geico, at a whopping $3400 per 6 mos. Liberty Mutual took in all my info, then said I'd have to talk to a person to get a quote - grr. The early winner was Esurance, at around $1900. Then I came across Progressive, and got a quote at just over $1500. And we're talking apples to apples, same coverages for liabilty, uninsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, and same deductibles. That's more than a 2x spread from the lowest to the highest. Crazy...

At this point, I'm just kicking myself that I didn't do this 6 months ago, or even 2 years ago...
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us