The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ive-made-more-money-in-january-than-i-did-all-of-33603990.aspx

Subject:  Re: Time for a Few Small Repairs Date:  1/22/2008  2:32 PM
Author:  floridabuilder2 Number:  27214 of 533

i've made more money in january than i did all of last year.. mainly because i stupidly was in cash for the first half of last year because i knew the housing bubble was going to crash only to see stocks go up....

so this year i have taken the approach of buying into extreme weakness and unloading same day to within one week....  this morning was very good to me on the gap down as several solar stocks that were already in free fall for several weeks bounced back 16% by this afternoon for a nice one day return...

the only piece of crap i still have long is FEED... #%#@ those chinese pigs... and SDTH another ag stock that i bought this morning at the gap down...

I understand your reasoning, and if the market rolls for a week I'll dip into an ultrashort..... but if your nimble and sitting at work with access to the net.... these one day crashes sure can be profitable if you understand basic technicals....

now i just need the chinese stocks to bounce tomorrow so I can unload FEED and SDTH

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us