The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/probably-few-recall-1974-it-is-worth-a-look-for-33604079.aspx

Subject:  Re: Time for a Few Small Repairs Date:  1/22/2008  10:38 PM
Author:  texasperry Number:  27303 of 533

Probably few recall 1974. It is worth a look, for inflation was beginning to roar. I knew that things of value went up in times of inflation, and it seemed that stock was an ownership of value. My holdings were decimated, for the market looks for earnings. OK, today's market hasn't even yet discovered just how much has been lost, and those who think they are looking at a bottom, now that the FED has spoken, have failed to listen for the dropped coin to hit the bottom of the chasm. I think we have a way to go and will hold cash. Our economy floats on a river of cash which flows through the banks, largely as directed by the investment bankers and brokerages - and until they can get their gps working again and get reoriented, I will be hesitant to accept their directions. In short, we are in deep dung.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us