The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/specbear-im-as-green-as-they-come-no-not-the-33611590.aspx

Subject:  Re: Time for a Few Small Repairs Date:  3/12/2008  11:56 AM
Author:  jbs4radio Number:  34814 of 533

SpecBear,

I'm as green as they come.  No not the dollars I've been losing, I mean in stock evaluating experience.  I was told about TMF by another enlisted man while I was at the NCO academy in Colorado.  I've read most of the school section on here and thought I'd get the hang of things.  Well a week into the CAPS section and I'm beaten by nearly everyone.  I've yet to red the power of the red thumb as well.  Any chance others on here help us newbies learn without going through the school of hard knocks?  Basically I've given up on other types of money managers as my real world portfolios are down 18%, including my Roth IRA.  Granted much of that is attributed to the realestate and financial sector purchase a couple years ago.  Any honest guidance to help me better evaluate long term investment choices would be appreciated.  I've always been interested in the stock market and economy.  I'm just now getting the time to learn.  Thanks from a USAF guy serving in Baghdad, Iraq. 

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us