The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-basic-principle-33612396.aspx

Subject:  My Basic Principle Date:  3/15/2008  9:59 PM
Author:  kyle122 Number:  35620 of 584

Basically I am trying to get rich using Dividend stocks. Here's how

I put the Market cap of over 1 billion, PE of under 20 (although I prefer to go lower), projected EPS growth positive, cash flow (from operating and net change in cash) has to be way positive, insider holding over 50% (not too important), has to have at least a little cash, PEG under 1, Beta under 1.4, five year EPS growth has to be positive, Net profit margin over 10% (also not too important), ROE under one, and most importantly, payout ratio under 40, dividend growth between 10% and 20%, and the bigger the dividend, the better (as long as the other criteria don't indicate that it's a dead company). Also I tried to spread out my investment to diffirent sectors.

This hyperlink is to the Yahoo! stock screener that I use, you can't set all the things listed above, but CAPS has almost all the rest, and I use Google finance for what it doesn't, as well as for my portfolio so I can see exactly how much money I've made...hopefully.

Feel free to leave comments and advice.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us