The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-thanks-for-your-reply-re-ach-since-then-my-33623332.aspx

Subject:  Re: ACH!!! Date:  5/9/2008  10:36 AM
Author:  Mihaul Number:  46556 of 501

Hi

Thanks for your reply re ACH. Since then, My biggest reason for sticking with ACH is that they bought out a Canadian mining company I owned (CUP) which owned substantial mining rights in Peru, second only to PCU Peru Copper. So I too am a believer in ACH, but for an investment long term and I am still not in... waiting and may stay out. Energy costs are so killer for Aluminum (see alcoa earnings)

In regards to the shipping names you passed on:
I Own Dry SHIPS DRYS, NM and DAC

I have a full watch list of the industry which includes:

TRBR EGLE DSX FRO GNK SFL NM SBLK PRGN DAC ANW TOD FREE QMAR BHO ESEA OKN NMM TRMD TBSI DRYS ULTR HOS RAMS EXM OCNF

I set them up originally on my watch list in order of the closing price back in Summer of 2007... thus I can see quickly who has passed who in terms of share growth...

DSX is a favorite too, and if it were not for the DAC dividen, I would regret not choosing DSX over DAC.... But my thinking was that DAC is a different form of shipping because it is containers. Thus diversifying that particular portion of my portfolio.

I check the Baltic Dry BULK Index about twice a week on the Dry Ships web site
http://www.dryships.com/index.cfm?get=report

a definite must as I learned at the end of 2007.. just in time

I am skeptical about multi year hold on any of these companies. Simply because of seasonality issues to go along with political, fuel price and demand fluctuations. But from the beginning of when I started following these, it seems to me economic fundamentals, emerging market increasing supply and demands, and need to transport material as cheaply as possible, they sure seem a wise play for growth. I know I am enjoying the my Dry Ships ride.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us