The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jegr5347-the-gun-show-in-va-was-scheduled-for-33665590.aspx

Subject:  Re: Marc Faber "I advise every American to Date:  11/29/2008  1:56 PM
Author:  abitare Number:  88814 of 404

jegr5347,

The gun show in VA was scheduled for three days, they were out of the popular guns in 2 days. I was told they closed up. I think guns as an asset class are not a terrible idea. Guns are a tool, they are relatively liquid, they are "off the grid", they can appreciate with time, and they can protect your family. 

Ref my Post on the Collapse of Argentina  

I got a call from a relative last week about getting into SKF. I think SKF makes more sense as a long term buy and hold then most Amercian stocks. "Something for nothing finance " have taken to large a roll in the US and world economy and are going to get taken down.

Would you believe an analyst upgrade from one of these Zombie banks? Or would you want your 401k held in a bank that has lost 80% of its share price?

Printing a bunch of money out of thin air is not going to instill any trust in these institutions.  

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us