The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/warren-it-has-been-corrected-see-comment-10-33970663.aspx

Subject:  Re: On Argentina, Krugman, Mosler, and Wenzel Date:  2/6/2013  10:03 AM
Author:  whereaminow Number:  393887 of 404

Warren,

It has been corrected. See comment #10 above. Motley Fool does not allow editing of posts.  Oh well.  My apologies for assigning the article comments to you.

As for your commentary, thanks for pointing your differences with Wray.  The more I read of his work, the more hyper-interventionist he appears.  

He supports universal job programs provided by the government, ignoring or dismissing, the supply/demand of labor.  Is that something you would also disagree with?

As far as inflation indexes, many arguments presented by MMT supporters indicate:

1. They believe whole-heartedly the inflation measurements presented by American authorities as legitimate (I've briefly outlined Austrian School objections above)

and

2. MMT, if running the show, would use econometric inflation measurements as a benchmark to tune policy.

Would you agree this is a fair characterization?

David in Liberty

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us