The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ive-said-im-open-to-debating-the-article-and-33970687.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bogus Fiscal Crisis Date:  2/6/2013  11:18 AM
Author:  CMFbbmaven Number:  393911 of 395

I've said I'm open to debating the article

And what value would that bring to either of us or to anyone else? You would regurgitate your Austrian economics with religious like fervor.  I would regurgitate what you derisively refer to as MMT.  At some point you would do a Karl Rove and claim victory to the wonderment of all - and that is really the point of it for you - winning.

One thing I have learned over the last few years (after 40 years of trying to bludgeon people with the power of argument) is to stop debating climate change with oil executives, LGBT rights with fundamentalist bible thumpers, racism and oppression with white males who are oblivious to their cultural privilege, and economics with Austrian cultists. 

I will have a dialogue with these folks occasionally - but I no longer have any interest in the type of contest you seem to be interested in.  I offered you the last word some time ago - but you apparently want more attention than that and I am afraid I don't have the appetite to give it to you.

bbmaven

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us