The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gt160my-argument-is-that-mainstream-33970953.aspx

Subject:  Re: On Argentina, Krugman, Mosler, and Wenzel Date:  2/11/2013  6:28 PM
Author:  fiduke27 Number:  394177 of 404

> My argument is that mainstream economists are lunatics, not evil conspirators.

Too funny =)

Fair points on BPP, which is impressive despite you admitting you didn't dig into it. MIT BPP doesn't actually track one billion products, but they would if they could. To my knowledge, they track the price on just about everything at all major e-tailors. They also explicitly admit their system can not track purchases primarily offline - your electric bill, gas prices, etc. 

So what I'm getting from this is the government is more concerned with tracking the prices of everyday trinkets, and not everyday necessities. After reading what smartmuffin said it sounds more and more plausible. 

Also I thought the smartmuffin post was particularly brilliant. By changing the CPI, the government saves billions while the average American doesn't have a clue what just happened. But, if they left the CPI more honest and cutting payments instead - everyone rages. It's so simple I'm convinced it's true. 

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us