The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/just-some-notes-to-add-little-over-6-billion-33971348.aspx

Subject:  Re: Holy buybacks Batman!!! - DIRECTV (DTV) Date:  2/19/2013  1:18 AM
Author:  valuemoneygreen Number:  394572 of 457

Just some notes to add. Little over 6 billion added to debt to finance these buysbacks over the last few year. They got good terms. No major debt is due back until 2018. This might be the final major buyback. They still might continue depending on the price but when long term debt gets over 4x EBIT I get a little leary. That being said they can carry that much debt but buyback would be or should be cut by more than half. Couple other buyback plans you all could check out and the price shows the liking already is TUP which I don't know how my pick got ended. I did not mean to end it. None of my picks are suppose to be ended unless something major happens to change my mind.. any TUP has a buyback program now in place to purchase roughly HALF of the shares back..... stock price has been on a tare. And same goes for MPC ....no wonder their stock price went from $33 to $ 82.50 in less than a year. JPM also has a pretty big buyback plan and their shares are still relatively cheap..... I think they have much of the $18 billion left on their buyback plan....Sorry if that number isn't correct I have to double check. I am hoping WFC. My top and only hold announces a major buyback plan in these next 3 months. If anyone else knows of any I am not stating that is worth while free free to share!!!! :) 

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us