The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Pro / Pro: Stocks That Interest You

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/karen-writes-quothey-gary-i-mean-that-34001810.aspx

Subject:  Re: Motley Fool Partnership Portfolio Date:  9/7/2018  10:51 PM
Author:  5imple5 Number:  4505 of 4519

Karen writes: "Hey Gary, I mean that there's a LOT of content that flows through the public board, and you have to sort it out. A paid service has more structure and advice for a member to follow. So it's like a DIY project vs. hiring a professional to do your remodeling project. Is that a decent analogy? Karen

Do whatever floats your boat!"

I agree with your statement on content flowing through Saul's board. Kind of like what it used to be in Pro from members, more of a community feel there vs. what the analysts have to say here. We've lost so many Pro members (either leaving the service or simply not posting much anymore), that I feel we've lost much of the community feel that exists on Saul's board (and a few other public boards).

Interestingly, I have a subscription to Stock Advisor and get a nice community feel from that service (I spend significant time on the options board there). I also find that Rule Breakers is helpful and I'm reading a lot from Bert Hochfeld these days. I may be experiencing a bit of a paradigm shift, but I'm very reluctant to chuck my Pro portfolio as our, analysts here communicate well and have served us well. That said, I now have a Saul/NPI portfolio, too.

I could go on, but that's probably enough for now.

Gary
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us