The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotlove-your-comments-we-live-in-the-best-34001857.aspx

Subject:  Re: Study on early claiming of SS Date:  9/8/2018  12:41 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  20736 of 21350

"Love your comments. We live in the best country in the world." - fillmorea

Health care is still a problem. It's too expensive and complicated but acquiring food doesn't seem to be a real big problem. You can always eat cheap and stay full. I buy big 10 lb bags of chicken leg quarters and eat on them for almost an entire week. I used to eat a lot of noodles and rice but I got too fat and became diabetic and my doctor told me my and so I came back to Earth and gave up carbs - but I did love me some noodles and rice. I was able to give up potatoes and bread pretty easily but the hardest thing to give up for me was noodles and pasta. Pork is still pretty cheap too.

I saw a nature program on TV about this young male lion that was kicked out of it's pride because it was starting to grow a mane. So it struck out on it's own and learned or figured out how to go in warthog holes and catch and eat warthogs. The interesting thing about this was that this young lion lived on pork for an entire year. Warthogs are very closely related to our domestic pig. So I figure if a lion can eat pork for an entire year and not get tired of it or malnourished than I so can I? I buy whole Boston Butts for 99 cents/lb and today I saw whole pork loins on sale for $1.69/lb. So I buy low carb veggies, boston butts, pork loins, and chicken legs and that is mostly what I live on.

So far so good.

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us