The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Learning to Invest / Investing Beginners

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-seem-to-be-in-the-midst-of-a-correction-no-one-34032734.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I wait a bit?? Date:  10/11/2018  3:11 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  29170 of 29343

We seem to be in the midst of a correction. No one knows how low things can go. So best is to wait until at least things seem to bottom.

But false bottoms are not unknown. So you never know for sure. Of course, once you have some gains you are in essence playing with your winnings. You have a bit more time.

If you want to be in stocks, at some point you have to take the chance. Talking heads are nervous at the moment. The bull market has gone on so long, it has to reverse sometime. But a correction does help purge some of the weaker stuff and create some buying opportunities.

I would not trust the talking heads. They don't know and can change their ideas in the blink of an eye.

I'd say use your own best judgement. I'd pick some good quality stocks, mutual funds, or etfs and go for it. Good luck with your choices.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us