The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/best-401k-for-my-needs-34041972.aspx

Subject:  Best 401K for my needs Date:  10/23/2018  10:00 AM
Author:  purpleocelot728 Number:  26158 of 26254

Ok, to make a long story short, I did something stupid....I went with a 401K that my employer is linked with, Fidelity. Apparently they are scammers and cons. I never expected to need money for a surgery, but thats what I need. I don't make the money to pay for this surgery on my own, and I don't have any other means...and the medical insurance I have is craptastic, as they won't pay for the surgery unless I cough up $1,000 plus 20% of the surgery bill upfront.

I went to my 401K to withdrawl enough to cover this, and was told "NO"! WTF?!!! I'm in need of a surgery that could save me from getting an infection in my foot, possibly causing me to lose my foot or leg, and they are telling me I can't have any of MY MONEY! There is more than enough money in my account, and it's not like I want ALL of the money in my account.

While I am fighting this corruption, I'm wondering if there isn't an HONEST 401K organization out there who will let you withdraw your money when needed, and not harass and persecute you because you need access to YOUR MONEY.

Are there any HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY 401K organizations out there who will let you have access to your money when you need it for things like medical issues without harassing and persecuting you because you want your own money?!?
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us