The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-believe-that-puts-12x39s-point-into-a-real-34079204.aspx

Subject:  Re: How long do P/S last? Date:  12/7/2018  4:51 PM
Author:  DreamerDad Number:  106386 of 114653

I believe that puts 12x's point into a real world example that seems translatable to the experience of many of us.
---

I do agree to a point.
I tend to imagine how big a company can get, years down the road. So i fixateon TAM a bit.

Which is why i never bought into TLND upside. Or SHOP onve it was at 15b mkt cap.

It is why i sold out of nvda the first time around at about $120 or close to 85-90b mkt cap.

It is why i couldnt pull the trigger on amzn when it was 270b mkt cap. (Dammit)

I can see twlo at 12b, 15b, and even into 20b+ if they exploit enough of the TAM.

TTD i see 9b, and then it depends on ctv and china growth, and if they stay at 50% type growth for another year. If so, then off to 12b and 15b.

Zs could equal panw in 4-5 years maybe. Being cloud-based, i feel they can more easily expand tam with new products.

Mdb...oracle provides proof of potential, but i will have an itchy trigger finger on this one. Good news is that the bigger it gets, the easier it will be to get even bigger due to pseudo lock-in.

Nvda...argh. Dc should be higher. Av is an unknown. Gaming thesis was shattered. Maybe 100b is as good as it gets. Not sure.

That is how i think of atock upsides.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us