The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-point-is-it-will-not-be-a-price-to-sale-of-20-34080487.aspx

Subject:  Re: Let's Refine the P/S Discussion Date:  12/9/2018  5:52 PM
Author:  dumaflotchie Number:  106489 of 115735

My point is, it will not be a price to sale of 20 in a few months. The company (absent a big downsize surprise) will be substantially less than 20x in 2 as or so. There is no need to maintain 20x+

Tinker

Right but for the stock to continue to appreciate from here at large returns.....it will have to stay at a high P/S. That really is the point.....we are dealing with very rare valuations to begin with and then, to get further stock appreciation.....these stocks have to stay in rarified air. That doesn’t really happen in the medium term...but you can, as you say...hold for many years.

WDAY...up 53% the next year....then 3 straight negative years.
Yelp....down 2 straight years.
BIDU....up 135%, then 21%, then negative.
SHOP.....up 33% the year after it hit high P/S.
FB.....43, 34, then 10%.
ABMD...up just 18% since P/S first hit 20.

I know you are not particularly interested in doing as much digging, but do you see anything that looks like a TTD, MDB, TWLO of early 2018 or a SHOP of early 2017?

That is what interests me far more than stocks with P/S already well above 20.

We have had some truly amazing runs with these stocks Tinker.....hope you will come back home just one more time! :)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us