The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/no-of-recommendations-0-well-my-cousin-is-a-34094025.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cast iron skillets NOT pre-seasoned? Where? Date:  12/27/2018  11:42 PM
Author:  jamesmw Number:  56348 of 56409

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, my cousin is a frying pan connoisseur. He has a flea market booth and sells the antique ones. He is adamant about how great the older ones are compared to the newer ones. He says the "Lodge" brand is the worst ever made. You might try finding an older one at a flea market or I am pretty sure ebay has all levels of them. There are a lot of collectors of the rare ones, etc.

I think for the most part people have caught Cast Iron Fever and are trading them and hyping them up to make a larger profit. I condition a few Lodge pans and they work just as well as the older pans. People were taking the newer Lodge pans and sanding a mirror finish on them and then having problems with the seasoning not sticking. The new sanding method is to leave the surface a little rough.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us