The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Last RoundUp

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-answered-this-yesterday-and-i-wrote-one-word-34100544.aspx

Subject:  Re: Aphria (APHA) - A cannabis company Date:  1/5/2019  8:49 AM
Author:  BenGrahamMan Number:  3455 of 3782

I answered this yesterday, and I wrote one word incorrectly, which I corrected here. I also added the last sentence at the end of the post.

Current price is $6.05.

I will wait to respond after their quarterly loss announcement. I think your assertions are vague and hypothetical. As you know Aphria has hired outside counsel, and will comment on it after their investigation is finished.

Keep in mind, Aphria has a 52 week high of $19.87, and a low of $3.75. Our average cost is < $4.50 per share. Of course it could go belly up, yet they do report MRQ of ~$300M in cash and equivalents.

What price did you short it at? are you still short?

I read the Hindenburg report carefully, and bought after that. I am not saying fraud did not exist, but I am writing that the potential for fraud not being committed does exist. I think the price and market cap, when it was at $4.36, very well could have reflected that.

If my conviction was greater, I certainly would have bought a greater position than 1/2 of 1%.

If it turns out there was no fraud, or any improprieties found could be remedied, I think you could have a multi-bagger here.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us