The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt


Subject:  Re: Credit for College Date:  1/12/2019  10:49 PM
Author:  MikeMiser Number:  312338 of 312650

Making your child an authorized user on your card if you have good credit is the quickest way to get them to a good credit report which will hopefully help them get the job. Child should also get their own card, That you do not Co-sign on.

I did this with children and it works. After a year or so after they have built their own score on their own cards you can get your card back from them. You then can choose whether you want to remove them as users on your card, or keep them there for emergencies as others have done.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us