The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul's Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/mid-month-update-what-i39ve-done-and-why-34113307.aspx

Subject:  Mid-month update. What I've done and why Date:  1/18/2019  4:46 PM
Author:  SaulR80683 Number:  50621 of 56974

Mid month update. What I’ve done and why.

Well it’s the 18th of the month and I’m almost up 18% year-to-date (16.7%, actually). This does NOT mean that after 365 days I’ll be up close to 365%, I promise! 😀

I read all the positive opinions on Mongo which seemed very convincing, and all the negative opinions on Mongo, which also seemed very convincing, and decided, since I have zero technical knowledge to help me decide which is right, or if the truth is somewhere inbetween, that Mongo was just too much of a battleground stock for me, and I sold most of my position. There are much less controversial and complicated stocks for me to be in, and where I can sleep better at night. I may have been completely wrong but that’s what I did.

I also sold out of one of my three little biotechs, VCEL, feeling that it was the one which seemed to me to be in the smallest niche.

With the cash, I added the most to Nutanix (where I’ve gotten a lot more confidence back), also smaller amounts to Okta, Elastic, and less to Square (adding a tiny bit but still worried about the flakey CEO), and added tiny bits to the other two little biotechs, Guardant and Abiomed. I also took truly tiny positions in three little tech try-outs (Zuora, Anaplan, and DocuSign).

Best,

Saul
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us