The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-would-expect-as-time-goes-on-for-subscription-34114210.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mid-month update. What I've done and why Date:  1/20/2019  6:30 AM
Author:  PaulWBryant Number:  50683 of 59969

I would expect as time goes on for subscription terms to be the way most future Nutanix sales go, and being that subscription Billings was about $100 year ago and now are almost $200M as the previous billings get recognized into subscription revenue when contracts lap, those subscription revenues will move way past non-portable. Higher software revenue gets easier and easier before even making new sales. Non-portable will linger, it will probably continue to be fairly flat or maybe even decrease over time. It’s still a product some companies want, but way more will want portable and subscription based terms. It’s just easier to budget and doesn’t have device lock in.

Unfortunately, Darth, that’s all just theory at this point. And that’s exactly why I called it unclear.

Bear
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us