The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-texmex-i-think-austin-hit-it-right-on-the-nose-34115220.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mid-month update. What I've done and why Date:  1/21/2019  3:59 PM
Author:  SaulR80683 Number:  50724 of 60857

Hi Texmex,

I think Austin hit it right on the nose in saying I pay almost no attention to valuations. Look, Alteryx revenue rose 59% last quarter, AND growth was accelerating !!! Twilio revenue rose 68% last quarter, and growth was accelerating too !!! Why would I care if old-school investors think they are over-valued by P/S ratios? You might take a look at post #43965... (How I Pick A Stock to Invest In).

And if these companies didn't crater in December when everyone was screaming "Bear Market!" why are they "ready for a pull-back" now? I hope to hold them for long term unless something about the company changes, not try to guess entry points.

Look, I bought Alteryx at about $27.50 a little over a year ago. Using your thinking I would have pulled out when it was at $38.50 three or four months later. After all it was up 40% in 3 or 4 months, and clearly "ready for a pull-back". (Now it's at $73.50, and that original investment is up 167% !!!)

Best,

Saul
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us