The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/worked-well-for-me-but-in-the-end-there-is-34115288.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rule Breaker Results Date:  1/21/2019  5:31 PM
Author:  XMFBreakerTinker Number:  108147 of 114616

Worked well for me ;)

But in the end there is another way to look at it as well, what would the world be like if the company did not exist?

Nvidia - someone would have to invent something. Perhaps AMD might, but as we can see even AMD cannot keep up despite Nvidia doing the inventing for them.

Zscaler - there is such an industry reliance on the upgrade cycle with appliances it is doubtful any of the existing players would have done what Zscaler did, and someone else would have needed to do so. To date, despite the obviousness of what Zscaler did, no one has.

Mongo - As we have seen, lots of pieces out there of different database sorts, but in the end no one else has a modern general database that can do what Mongo does, and what Mongo does is essential (or at least extremely nice to have) to enable modern applications.

Docusign - Obviously there would be electronic signatures without Docusign. They did it first, they did it best, and I will do a quick follow up post on them, but the signatures themselves, the world would still have electronic signatures that work just fine.

Tinker
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us