The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-wish-trump-would-say-this-can-has-been-kicked-34115598.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trump Shutdown Longest Ever... Date:  1/22/2019  3:56 AM
Author:  PK227 Number:  880432 of 881221

I WISH Trump would say: This can has been kicked down the road by our Congress for 30 years. The democrats statement that they would negotiate after the shutdown is lifted is absolute hogwash.

I truly don't understand what's going on other than the fact that they will not give Trump any success they can sabotage. McCain (who lost his mind over the last few years) previously clearly stated that he would not vote for immigration reform until the border was secured. Then HE changed his mind about border security I suspect because he, also, hated Trump. (the crack Trump made about him was really foolish). The Republicans, again, shot themselves in the foot by squandering their majority with the help of those like Jeff Flake stopping him from accomplishing things that were good for the country. Glad they all have their priorities straight. It's truly hard to believe that even the far left democrats are serious about totally open borders. How about we take all the poor people in India, China and all of South America? Is there a number that even they think would be excessive?

Saw an interesting map the other day that showed that the entire state of California already has a wall. Seems to end right at the Arizona border. Maybe we could tear that down, place it on the border between California and the rest of the country and finish the rest of the wall. California then could truly become the sanctuary state.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us