The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/understand-that-i-am-not-advocating-edi-as-the-34116393.aspx

Subject:  Re: Update on Docusign Date:  1/22/2019  10:42 PM
Author:  tamhas Number:  108212 of 115955

Understand that I am not advocating EDI as the solution. It *was* the solution for supply chain integration in years past and I have done a ton of it so I am well aware of the quirks. But, the idea of depending on every company to have AI to read some arbitrarily formatted document from another company in the supply chain seems nuts.

Perhaps there is a role for a company to become the switchboard for all of this where each company presents their inbound and outbound documents for conversion to some standard format and this is converted to whatever the partner wants as input ... although one still would hardly want a reformatted document ... something electronic, interpreted, and standardized. One hardly wants every company to have to develop these interfaces themselves or it is going to proceed at a snail's pace.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us