The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-had-thought-boston-university-was-a-fairly-34116590.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ocasio-Cortez says we are all dead in 10 yea Date:  1/23/2019  8:34 AM
Author:  captainccs Number:  108232 of 115508

I had thought Boston University was a fairly rigorous academic university.....but quite obviously, Ocasia-Cortez is an idiot of monumental proportion. She has said so many ridiculous false statements that BU should be rebranded as BS university.

It was a long time ago, 60 years, when I flunked out of MIT they gave me two condition for readmission. One was getting decent grades at another school for a semester or two. BU was an easy college to get into and it didn't have much of a reputation. But that was a long time ago.

Denny Schlesinger

The other condition was to get a Summer job. My dad got me one with the IBM Service Bureau in Caracas -- IBM management were clients at my dad's hotel. That was a life definer. After IBM I went to BU, back to MIT but quit half way through the Fall semester. Then I got my first full time job as a programer at the IBM Service Bureau.

I never had so much fun, they paid me to play games with the computer, or so it seemed! I got to solve a huge variety of problems -- that was a real education!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us