The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-i-found-extraordinary-is-that-apple-did-not-34117104.aspx

Subject:  Re: Macbook Pro problems Date:  1/23/2019  4:51 PM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  71306 of 71503

What I found extraordinary is that Apple did not detect the problem. Could it be that they don't test the add-ons? The Mac itself eventually reported the problem. Not that it matters but way back in prehistory (1982) I was a certified Apple II and Apple III technician. Back then we did a lot of testing and parts swapping because parts were much less reliable and had a short mean-time between failures. When Venezuela devalued the currency in 1984 the Apple distributor stopped importing and I started to refurbish and sell used Apple IIs.

I was doing tech support on Apple at that time too. A while back, a customer called me and this was our conversation:
Me: Thank you for calling
Customer: You aren't going to know what I'm talking about.
Me: Well, I've been playing with these things for a while. Why don't you give me a shot?
Customer: I have an Apple LaserWriter.
Me: Not only do I know what you are talking about, I was certified to fix them!
(To those that do not know, Apple stopped manufacturing the LaserWriter in 1988)

Kathleen
Definitely showing my age in this post
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us