The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Dropout's Den

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/cold-enough-34123584.aspx

Subject:  Cold enough? Date:  1/31/2019  1:05 PM
Author:  ChilkatSally Number:  43723 of 43735

Out here on the lovely Olympic Peninsula, we are working on cleaning up our gardens and thumbing through our Territorial Seed catalogs. As a former Alaskan I worry about how folks are getting along with the polar vortex.

I am taking a Thai Chi class for balance. Don’t wait till you are in your seventies to start some class for stretching or balance. I thought I had been active enough that I didn’t need extra classes.

You can get dizzy watching the stock market. So I don’t.

The housing market out here on the other side of the water from Seattle, cooling down. A nice view home can still sell in three days to a week. It will be at list price or slightly under.
My aging HOA doesn’t have much available.

Huge fight going on town vs county over fire department annexation. Next time I buy a house I will pay attention to the protection code for fire insurance purposes.

I am still supporting my brother. I have him on a list for low income housing. Looks like about three years till he can get in. Housing costs vs paychecks is hurting our rural community. Moving to Seattle and getting a better job means paying even more for housing. No win .

Never forget the French Revolution!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us