The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/re-my-mid-2012-macbookpro-that-i-was-having-34123656.aspx

Subject:  Re: Macbook Pro problems Date:  1/31/2019  2:25 PM
Author:  wolferd1 Number:  71323 of 71503

Re my mid 2012 MacBookPro that I was having problems with.

Thanks for everyone's ideas and input.
I let an Apple Genius look at it and it turned out to be the hd cable, the hd is fine.

This was the first time I had been to the Apple Store, which is 60 miles from here, or the Genius Bar.
I was surprised that when I called the store my call was not answered at the store but by Apple. I talked with a tech several states away who tried to help me resolve the problem at home rather than take it in. We talked 4 times, she called me 3 times to follow up. I was rather impressed.

At the Apple Store they were all about business and took care of the problem. If it had been the hd I was going to bring it back home and put a ssd in it myself. Since they had it open to see if it was the cable I went ahead and let them replace it and I am now good to go.

I am inclined to think that this has been going on for quite a while. The computer is now updated and it is much faster than I can remember it being.

Again, thanks to all.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us