The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple iOS Help

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/so-if-i-understand-correctly-you-normally-include-34126746.aspx

Subject:  Re: Email sent goes into Junk mail? Date:  2/4/2019  5:13 PM
Author:  RHinCT Number:  6399 of 6758

So if I understand correctly you normally include your own email address as a destination when you send an email to someone else. And what you send to yourself ends up in the Junk folder.

My email is through Yahoo, not Comcast, so I can't give you a lot of specific advice. However I am pretty sure the mistaken assignment is being made by the Comcast email system. If I had your problem I would not do anything on my phone's email app. I would get onto the Comcast email web interface, go into the spam (junk) folder, whatever they call it, and look for a way to tell it that the message is NOT SPAM. Just moving it to another folder might not make that point. What you are trying to do is TRAIN THE SPAM FILTER by telling it that the message is not Spam. That is what I do with my Yahoo-based mail when I get good messages in the Spam folder (which is called Junk on my iPhone). Yahoo has a Not Spam button that shows only when looking at the Spam folder.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us