The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/growthmonkey-please-don39t-take-this-the-34131632.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock market correction and SaaS stocks Date:  2/11/2019  12:47 AM
Author:  stocknovice Number:  51569 of 70797

GrowthMonkey -

Please don't take this the wrong way as I both admire and appreciate your posts. However, haven't the following companies come up on this board a time or two in the not so distant past?

Besides Saas, the following sectors are growing rapidly :

e commerce - SHOP, does WIX count?

digital payments - SQ

fintech - SQ again, STNE (which I think you brought up and I find interesting)

robotics

AI - NVDA, even though they keep throwing up all over themselves

Audio and video streaming - ROKU?

Gaming - NVDA again, EA (someone just mentioned their Apex Legend pop I believe)

telemedicine - TDOC (maybe I see them more on NPI, but some posters here hold it and have mentioned it in their recaps for sure)

cloud

social media/online advertising - FB, TTD

Furthermore, many businesses in the more traditional industries are still growing revenues/earnings by more than 20-30% per year.

However, those are neither discussed nor welcome on this board.

There's even been mention of a couple of marijuana stocks, which could very well see business soar during the next market crash. :-)

Maybe I'm confusing some things I've read on NPI or maybe I'm not identifying sectors correctly. However, I do think there's a variety of businesses discussed here even if they are non-traditional. The only thing that really seems to be taboo is retail. It's just that the 40%+ growers that have the most sex appeal and get the most love seem to trend SaaS.

Again, I enjoy reading your posts and have learned quite a bit from them. In all sincerity am I missing something on this one?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us