The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/many-dominant-businesses-in-a-variety-of-34131687.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock market correction and SaaS stocks Date:  2/11/2019  7:36 AM
Author:  SaulR80683 Number:  51580 of 70177

Many dominant businesses in a variety of industries and nations are growing like weeds but they are not discussed on this board. Besides Saas, the following sectors are growing rapidly : e commerce, digital payments, fintech, robotics, AI, Audio and video streaming, Gaming, telemedicine, cloud, social media/online advertising

Furthermore, many businesses in the more traditional industries are still growing revenues/earnings by more than 20-30% per year. However, those are neither discussed nor welcome on this board.

Hi Growth Monkey,
That is incorrect. ANY fast growing growth stock is welcome to be discussed on our board. That's what the board is for!

From the Monday Morning Rules of the Board:

This board is for the discussion and analyzing of individual growth stocks in a cooperative and courteous manner and, secondarily, the philosophy around investing in them.

For some major examples:

Shopify - e commerce
Square - fin tech (?)
teladoc - telemedicine
Abiomed, Gardant Health, etc - Med tech
Kite, etc - and lots more - biotech
Nvidia - discussed at great length on the board - chips
LGIH - discussed for a long time - real estate
Paypal - not sure of its category - fintech, e commerce
The Trade Desk - online advertising
etc
etc

I don't have to be in a company for it to be discussed. I can't be in every good investment on the planet. I'm just in a dozen companies.

Best,

Saul
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us