The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/sacrificing-ff-points-might-be-an-annoyance-not-34134749.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lufthansa sues... Date:  2/14/2019  4:24 PM
Author:  reallyalldone Number:  23901 of 24025

Sacrificing FF points might be an annoyance,

Not just for that trip - all of them and excluded from the program in the future.

It would be more than annoyance to me to sacrifice 250,000 miles.

I was trying to remember if I have ever done this. Never intentionally but twice did not complete trips as booked. I did let the airline know before the flight. Once was when I was living in Steamboat Springs and I didn't take the last leg from Denver to Steamboat(can't remember the rest of the circumstances). The other was a rt DEN to BOS where the return was a month later than the first flight. I ended up booking a one way to Chicago to pick up a car and drive it home. I also called on that one and there was some tiny value left if I paid a change fee to use it later.

You've made it clear that you don't take a contract seriously and think this will somehow save money. You didn't pay for a seat on a plane - you paid for transportation from point A to point B.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us