The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/in-the-course-of-reading-this-thread-i-went-back-34152842.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trying to track down a series of posts Date:  3/8/2019  4:54 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  312498 of 312722

In the course of reading this thread, I went back and looked at some of the posts that got a lot of recs on the LBYM board. Wow. Wow. There were some mighty powerful things that happened. The post from someone named leia whose husband had just been diagnosed with stage 3-4 melanoma, the one about the Santa deliveries that bookgrrl did, the one about her miscarriage, the one about someone's brother in law who was missing and whose truck was eventually found wrecked on the side of a road, the post about the harpsichord... Amazing.

I have to wonder whether our stories will eventually become archaeological digs -- the telling of the story of our time through the tracings of the words we leave behind. How rich history will become when it is all in the words of the people who lived it, rather than in the dry tones of the academic historian.

ThyPeace, was glad she was home at the time so she could cry over the powerful, human, tragic, wonderful things that are the stories of us.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us