The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Falling Knives

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/or-you-are-limiting-your-investment-scope-to-34153571.aspx

Subject:  Re: Disinterest? Date:  3/9/2019  9:34 PM
Author:  ajm101 Number:  17033 of 17182

Or, you are limiting your investment scope? To make my point, here is an idea - Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd (TNP)

I traded tankers a long time ago (Teekay). I found the industry too full of crooks and value traps for my tastes, but have no opinion on TNP. I would probably have LNG or CQP if I wanted similar exposure.

I like DXC, FEYE, GTT, and FIT in tech for various reasons. I caught falling knives with ANET and NVDA recently. I like DATA but might cut it loose soon.

I like small regional grocers like VLGEA and IMKTA (a little).

I like water utilities like SBS, WTR, and MSEX longer term, but think they are a little expensive now.

I have BRK.B and will keep adding to it opportunistically. I like BAM. I caught MIC falling and have held.

I like to get good dividend payers opportunistically and hold them (current yield on my cost basis for AMT, APD, BXP, CCI, HPE/HPQ, JPM, LNT, PSX, SRE, VLO, and VZ probably average in the low teens)

I like (or at least am interested in) a couple of embarrassingly microcap entities like (ABCAF, GULTU, and GLGI among others mostly in the junior mineral and e&p space).

I think high quality media library is a license to print money in a post NFLx world. I tried VIA, and may take a starter in LGF (thank you, Naj)

I don't feel in a rush to get new money into any of these. Maybe DXC. Maybe BAM or BRK who would be in a position to take advantage of any market disruptions.

Hopefully it's clear I'm not limiting my investing scope. I just think risk adjusted returns are just not attractive right now.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us