The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltif-they-don39t-have-the-skills-needed-34156791.aspx

Subject:  Re: Boeing and self-certification Date:  3/14/2019  2:59 AM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  554925 of 585188

<<If they don't have the skills needed, the Gov't better hire personnel who do.

You can't let the student (i.e., Boeing) grade his own test paper. It's essential that there be objective oversight of aircraft certification.
>>

It seems that you can't leave a school in charge of admitting its own students these days, either.

Just where do you suppose the government is going to find the people with the skills and experience to conduct that kind of safety testing? You seem to acknowledge that government personnel don't have such skills themselves.

Every day on these boards I see withering liberal critiques of the honesty and ability of government to manage it's own affairs, let alone those of others.

Government might perhaps aspire to being able to set quality control standards and run checks on whether such standards are being followed. Even so, I'll bet there is enormous reliance on professional engineering societies for guidance in doing such things. I would suppose that such organizations, which have been developing such standards for a hundred years or more, do a better job of setting such standards than do government employees.

Perhaps government might reasonably spire to checking to see if such quality control standards are in place and being followed.

But substitute government employees for company personnel and responsibility for building a safe product? Doesn't sound like it would be safe or effective to me.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us