The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltbut-all-that-was-mainly-driven-by-customer-34160537.aspx

Subject:  Re: Boeing Engineering Date:  3/18/2019  9:56 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  555151 of 572041

<<But all that was mainly driven by CUSTOMER DEMAND, not some effort by manufacturers to chisel customers.

You know better than I do, Seattle Pioneer. But who are the people who are imposing low water flow faucets on us? Or the new high efficiency laundry equipment?

I thought this was the Feds trying to force us to save energy. Not customer demand. But federal regulations.
>>

As I understand it, Federal regulations currently require gas furnaces be at least 80% efficient. 90% plus gas furnaces have never been required, to my knowledge.

But customer demand has been there for higher efficiency furnaces. I think that often makes sense for 90-92% efficient furnaces, but the 97% efficient furnaces are overkill with excessive complexity and cost, in my opinion.

Other Federal regulations requiring such things as low flow toilets and such are none of the Federal government business, in my view. Often this is regulation not authoried by the Congress, but out of control Federal agencies making up their own laws outside of what the constitution requires ----which is that the CONGRESS adopt the laws subject to complex procedures. That protects our liberties, which out of control agencies do not.

I'm thinking of the EPA among many others.

If the Supreme Court wanted to enforce the constitution, they would start by declaring all such agencies to be abuses of law and the constitution.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us