The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotwe39ve-never-had-a-slow-cooker-and-my-34161267.aspx

Subject:  Re: Instant Pot???? Advice please. Date:  3/19/2019  6:37 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  906453 of 908502

"We've never had a slow cooker, and my wife says she doesn't want one, but we're retired, We can see where a working person might like to have one while they are at work." - Vermonter

Crockpots are excellent for turning tough gristly pieces of meat into tender edible chunks of meat. The secret is that you can turn it on and forget about it and come back hours later and it's done. I used to butcher whole sheep (mutton) and debone it and I'd take a big hunk of mutton and drop it down in the crock pot with some water and salt and pepper and maybe an onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, etc. and just let it bubble away for 4 to 6 hours and I'd come back and be able to lift it out and it would be falling apart.

You can drop a hunk of Boston Butt, or chuck roast or beef shoulder, etc. in a crock pot and cook it and it will make your house smell delicious and in the late afternoon it will be tender and edible.

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us