The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotmethinks-a-huge-negative-macro-economic-34162082.aspx

Subject:  Re: Student Loan Trap Date:  3/20/2019  5:05 PM
Author:  zenbro Number:  555230 of 572072

"Methinks a huge negative macro economic impact upon the US economy. And an ever increasing number of disgruntled folks that will have a societal & political impact upon the nation. "

-------------------------------

Just thinking out loud here, but compare the stresses on young adults nowadays with say the young adults in the 1960's and early 1970's. Those youngsters were facing an all expense paid tropical adventure to the jungles on Vietnam. From what I'm told by older brothers, one of whom got the free trip to Asia, and one who's # did not come up in the draft lottery, these were pretty stressful times, too. I do not think the current young adults will be near as disgruntled as that age group.

I'm not saying that the current crop of young adults are not getting screwed over by the Academic Industrial Complex, 'cause they are, but they ain't getting shot at, either.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us