The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/portfolio-advicehelp-34163760.aspx

Subject:  Portfolio Advice/Help Date:  3/22/2019  4:47 PM
Author:  Tourist Number:  92601 of 96300

Hello Friends, my apologies if this post is in the wrong board/section ( redirect me if I am please).

Im currently a beginner that just made a Roth IRA Account. Im still researching/learning how to best invest into my retirement. Im currently in my 30s and plan to "partially" retire in my 50s, so I have a good 20~ years to grow my investment. I have one Roth IRA account which is my primary core retirement account and 1 Brokerage account I use to invest in some of the Fool's recommendations while learning how to invest. My main focus right now is to set up my Roth account to the best I can..such as investing in the "right" stock/ETF/M.F/etc. I plan on maxing out the contribution every year, and also want to keep a limited amount of "items" to fund so I can stay focus on a few and not excess amount of different "items". Any comments/concerns/advices/tips would be very helpful.

I am currently investing in these 2 funds in my Roth IRA :

-Vanguard Growth ETF (VUG)
-Vanguard Total World Stock (VT)

Im not sure what I'm missing, but my guess is some form of Bond and/or International exposure. I only want about 5-6 "item" max in my Roth ( not sure if its good or bad idea, but I want to keep it tight). I looked into a few other "items" and don't know if its a good fit for the portfolio :

(both)
-Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO)
-Vanguard Total International Stock ETF (VXUS)

(one or the other)
-Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund (VBLTX)
-Total Return Fund (MAHQX)

I'm open to learning and receiving any type of feedback. Do not hesitate to give any recommendations/advices that can help improve my portfolio.

Thanks,
Just another Fool
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us