The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-currently-a-beginner-that-just-made-a-roth-ira-34163781.aspx

Subject:  Re: Portfolio Advice/Help Date:  3/22/2019  5:03 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  92603 of 95637

Im currently a beginner that just made a Roth IRA Account. Im still researching/learning how to best invest into my retirement. Im currently in my 30s and plan to "partially" retire in my 50s, so I have a good 20~ years to grow my investment. I have one Roth IRA account which is my primary core retirement account and 1 Brokerage account I use to invest in some of the Fool's recommendations while learning how to invest.

Just a warning - you're probably going to need a lot more than just a Roth IRA that was started in your 30s to be able to "partially" retire in your 50s, so I hope your Brokerage account is pretty large, and/or you are investing in a workplace retirement plan.

My main focus right now is to set up my Roth account to the best I can..such as investing in the "right" stock/ETF/M.F/etc. I plan on maxing out the contribution every year, and also want to keep a limited amount of "items" to fund so I can stay focus on a few and not excess amount of different "items". Any comments/concerns/advices/tips would be very helpful.

Google 'couch potato portfolio' or invest in Vanguard LifeStrategy Aggressive Growth. As you get more towards retirement move some/all to the LifeStrategy Moderate Growth.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us