The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-aj-thanks-for-looking-out-i-just-started-my-34163826.aspx

Subject:  Re: Portfolio Advice/Help Date:  3/22/2019  5:48 PM
Author:  Tourist Number:  92606 of 95159

Hi AJ, thanks for looking out.

I just started my Roth IRA and my work doesn't provide any type of retirement plans. Sadly, my Brokerage account is no where near " pretty large" at the moment. "Partially" retiring in my 50s just means that I will work less...most likely gonna work into my 60s-70s if I'm still around. Anyways, I do plan on opening a SEP or Solo 401k in a few years when I'm able to. My plan is to just set up the Roth as a Solid Foundation first and invest in the Brokerage account on the side. Thank you for telling me about the "couch potato portfolio", its definetly an interesting strategey that I will look into more. The Vanguard Life Strategy Aggressive Growth would had been a solid choice if I didn't choose any investment yet. I didn't bump into this fund before during my research... just like how I found out about Target funds a lot later. I would most likely look into both of those for my partner's IRA when opening one in the future. I plan on keeping (VT) and (VUG) in my Roth so I need to figure out what I need to balance it out so it can somewhat be similar to the "Vanguard Life Strategy Aggressive Growth"( just using as example, I know it will vary and be slightly different, I guess the word I'm looking for is "Diversify").

Thanks again AJ
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us