The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Last RoundUp

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-am-a-regular-user-of-the-product-and-has-34173657.aspx

Subject:  Re: Zoom Video Communications (ZM) IPO* Date:  4/4/2019  4:05 PM
Author:  MarkMarcellus Number:  3676 of 3781

I am a regular user of the product and has enterprise customer base. For ex: Oracle uses it (because they don't want to use Cisco's WebEx, they stopped it after Cisco acquired the company :) ).

It works okay, similar to Web-Ex, the technology works with the usual features. I could not differentiate it from Web-Ex. I haven't looked at their financials.

My old company used WebEx (still do AFAIK), and our experience was not good. Very unreliable and quirky, and we weren't even using video all that much. Calendar integration was also terrible, though maybe that was our tech people's fault. But that all goes to the ease of use issue, which I think is definitely a problem for Webex. From what I've heard, GoToMeeting is better than WebEx but I've never used it. But, at least in Silicon Valley, Zoom is generally considered a much better and more feature rich product than either of them.

Since you're a user, I'm curious if you've ever used their automatic meeting transcript capability? If so, how well does the quality compare to, say, the average conference call transcription?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us